Heads up folks….STOP AND LISTEN – NOW
I know that that sounds very bossy but I have my reasons.
Firstly – Freeze frame your body right now, this second!
Are your feet flat on the floor?
How many butt cheeks are on your chair?
Is your chin in alignment with your neck or jutting out?
Where are your shoulders? Is it a tortoise or swan impression you’re doing?
Boobies facing front or facing the floor? Really….!
Are you freaking out now and thinking I have cameras on you?
Be your own best friend and become aware of the way you move your body or rather don’t move your body!
The way you sit at the computer for hours on end can have a serious effect on your health and the way you feel on a day long, day to day basis.
If you suffer from any of these problems you may be in serious need of some re-alignment tips and techniques.
You could be storing up a whole load of trouble for yourself.
- Digestion issues
- Tension in the shoulders
- Tired eyes, Neck and Shoulder problems
- Lower back pain
- Varicose veins
My immediate prescription …
Get up from your chair every 15 minutes or so because just moving your body helps enormously.
After that, the best thing you can do is to become aware of what your body is doing and how it is feeling.
Try the following simple and quick process.
A simple alignment scanning technique:-
- Start from your roots …
- Plant your feet flat and parallel on the floor so that your knees are aligned over your ankles …
- Get both sitting bones touching the seat with equal weight on each one, feeling them directly underneath you so that you feel you can line your spine up straight like one building block on top of another, lifting your awareness up the spine to the back of the neck …
- Feel the back of your neck long with your head balanced nicely on top …
- relax your jaw so you are not clenching your teeth. The tongue relaxed teeth slightly parted …
- Relax the flesh on your face …
- Take a big deep breath expanding your ribs sideways letting your belly puff out with the inhale.
- How are you feeling… better? 🙂
Have you noticed how babies have perfect alignment?
Their head balanced at the top of their spine, shoulders and hips in alignment, sitting bones directly under them?
We can learn to sit like this all the time and save a lot of aches and pain and long term damage, not to mention the benefit of feeling a little younger too!